Monday, January 17, 2011

A quiet day


I love these days. Mildly productive, yet still restful, and with the world a little better arranged than it was when I woke up.

I need more days like this.

When I woke up this morning, my brain was still buzzing from the Golden Globe awards last night, and in my mind I was composing a post mourning the end of Ricky Gervais's status as a funny comedian. I'll just say that he was terrible and that it was disappointing because I had been looking forward to seeing him host the show.

As far as fashion goes, I will also note that the scallop-shell-top dress that Jennifer Love Hewitt wore had even me wanting to peek over the edge and see to what extent she was really covered inside.
Anyway, even though the Golden Globes are generally fun, they really are, to me, just a get-ready-for-the-Oscars event. Though I'm not happy about this year's hosts for the Academy Awards - James Franco and Anne Hathaway - but they may surprise me pleasantly since Ricky Gervias was such an utter letdown.

Anyway. I thought I was in a peaceful zone where I was done thinking about that. Guess not.

So here is a beautiful song for today. With some noise in the middle. And a peaceful finish.

Shearwater - On the Death of the Waters


No comments: