Friday, August 24, 2007

The Summer in Photos

Well, since I taught a class last night, the summer is really officially over. So here is a recap of the summer from the point of view of my camera lens. Enjoy.

1. Bumper cars. Here is a picture of the car belonging to the idiot who parallel parks worse than I do.



2. Signs. The grammar is horrid. To the writer of the first, I say no wonder they haven't fixed it yet. To the writer of the second, I forgive you, hooray for Idaho.



3. Here is my sad car after the semi got to it. It doesn't look as scary as it felt:


4. This summer's praying mantis:

5. And the picture I got framed as a consolation prize for not going on vacation this summer. I did it more to protect the painting--it was in danger of having a corner bend off--than to show it off, but the frame is so great with it that I displaced some other stuff and hung it in the dining room.


Well, there it is, two months of deep breathing, and now the onslaught renews. Wish me luck.

No comments: