Sunday, March 20, 2005

Countdown to Amilynne

I am so excited! In less than a week, Amilynne will be here visiting! I've got to say, it has been a long time since I've been this excited about anything. As with most good things in life, the number of obstacles between now and the time of her arrival seems insurmountable. We are celebrating foreign language week at our school this week, a very labor-intensive... (I don't know what to call it)... celebration? I guess. Ordeal also describes it. We've been doing a foreign language film festival for the kids after school since last week, and it all caps off this Thursday night with a big banquet where the students bring foods from the countries whose languages they study. It's a big deal, and it's really cool, but as with all big deals that are really cool, it takes a LOT of work to produce it. So Thursday I'll pretty much be at school 15 hours plus, then Friday it's off to get Amilynne and spring break! I hope I'm still alive. I think I will be. I don't think Amilynne will let me have a choice.

No comments: