Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Brilliant Italian Win

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


Guess who is putting a gigantic soccer ball on the door of her classroom for the next 4 years??? Forza! Forza! Forza!
(And shame on Thomas for texting me "Vive la France" during the game. Vive les headbutters what?)
You know, though, that game really did have me on edge - I must have been really holding my breath because the second Italy won and I started jumping up and down and whooping and cheering I about toppled over! This wave of quasi-unconsciousness hit, I got terribly dizzy, and I had to sit down a second. I seriously feared I would faint. Wouldn't that have been priceless--knocked out by Italy's championship run. Ha!
I'm also naming Andrea Pirlo player of the game. Of course, Gennaro Gattuso was also brilliant - talk about being everywhere at once, and Gianluigi Buffon is goalkeeper extraordinaire. (Oh my goodness - when he knocked Zidane's shot over the goal - fabulous!) But to me, Pirlo was just always there putting on the heat and setting up opportunities. He also shot in the first penalty shot after overtime. Forza!
(I've linked the title of this posting to the FIFA highlights, as long as they will remain posted. Enjoy.)

No comments: